What Are Gold Necklace Models? How to Choose a Gold Necklace?
What Are Gold Necklace Models?
Gold necklace models are one of the most elegant ways to express your love. You can create a special style for yourself with various gold necklace options. For example, you can choose an elegant gold pendant or tiny stones such as the heart symbol of love, butterfly, and pomegranate symbol of fertility, infinity sign or ladybug.
How to Choose a Gold Necklace?
When choosing a gold necklace, your body type and neck size give important clues as well as necklace length. You can make special touches on your clothes with different gold necklace types. When choosing a gold necklace, you should make sure that the necklace is approximately 10 cm longer than your neck. You should choose a short chain to emphasize your neck and a long chain to emphasize your collarbone. Also, if you have a well-built body, you should avoid short necklaces. As a short necklace model, you can try named gold necklace options. On the other hand, if you want to use it with almost any outfit, you can choose a 45 cm length gold necklace. Also, for long collar clothes or evening dresses, you should definitely make your choice in favor of long necklaces. Other hand, in the choice of men's gold necklace, you should definitely consider the chain lengths in the range of 50 - 60 cm.
How to Understand a Gold Necklace?
It is quite difficult to understand if a gold necklace is real or not. However, you can achieve this by applying some practical tests.
- Magnet Test: Gold and gold alloys are often non-magnetic. So a necklace that can be pulled by a magnet is not real gold.
- Weight Test: Since the specific gravity of gold is high, a gold necklace should be heavier than fake necklaces.
- Stamp Test: There is information such as purity, carat and manufacturer's stamp on real gold jewellery. Gold jewellery without this information is generally fake.
- Color Test: If you see discoloration or abrasion while you examine the necklace, you can understand that it is not real. You can easily apply this test for a white gold necklace or yellow gold necklace.
- Price Test: Gold necklace prices in the market are generally close to each other. But if a necklace whose price is extraordinarily cheap is claimed to be gold, this is probably not true.
How to Polish a Gold Necklace?
22-carat or 14-carat gold necklace jewellery that you use frequently may lose its brightness over time. You can get help from a jeweler to polish your gold necklaces that are darkened or become dull. Also, you can try the following practical ways to shine your necklaces with your own means:
- Polishing with Dishwashing Liquid: First, add a few drops of dishwashing liquid to the warm water in a bowl. Soak your gold necklace in this solution for 15-20 minutes. Then gently brush your jewellery using a soft-bristled toothbrush. After that, rinse your necklace with warm water. Finally, dry it gently with a soft cloth.
- Polishing with Ammonia: Since ammonia is a powerful cleanser, you should not always use this method. To apply this method, add 1 scale of ammonia to 6 scales of water. Keep your gold necklace in this mixture for a maximum of 1 minute. Then rinse your necklace with running water and dry it with a soft cloth.
- Polishing with Boiling Water: Using this method can be risky for delicate jewellery. However, you can use this method if you have a durable gold necklace with solid stones. Boil a small amount of water in a bowl. Pour this boiled water over your gold necklace. After the water becomes warm, remove the necklace and dry it with a soft cloth.
How to Untangle a Knotted Gold Necklace?
If you have a knotted gold necklace, you can easily untangle it by pouring baby oil or baby powder on it. Also, you can untangle your knotted necklaces with the help of olive oil, detergent or shaving foam in a short time.
Finally, you should remember that trying the above methods will always make your job easier when choosing or using gold necklaces. You can easily order the gold necklace models you want with the privilege of Piano Jewellery.