What to Look for When Buying Diamonds?
What Is Diamond Certification?
Since you are not a professional, it is extremely difficult to determine the features that affect the quality of a diamond such as its cut, color and clarity. However, professionals examine the diamonds for you and certify their quality with diamond certificates. From this respect you should also consider what certificate the product you prefer when buying a diamond has.
Information included in diamond certificates may vary. However, carat, color, cut and clarity information is available in each certificate. In addition, different properties of diamond such as reliability, imperfections, fluorescence degree, symmetry, depth, ratio diagram can also be included in diamond certificates. Diamond prices vary according to the certificate it has.
Although there are many independent laboratories that provide diamond certification, GSI (Gemological Science International), HRD (Hoge Raad voor Diamant), EGL (European Gemological Laboratory), IGI (International Gemological Institute) and GIA (Gemological Institute of America) are among the most reliable options.
What are The Diamond Color and Clarity Codes?
Color and clarity are among the most important factors that show the quality of a diamond. Transparent models are considered the best diamonds. On the other hand, the color scale is classified according to GIA standards. D code indicates that the diamond is colorless and Z yellow. Finding a D class diamond is extremely difficult. After M class, the diamond is called colored diamond.
The clarity of the diamond is classified according to the traces on the stone. The less traces there are, the more flawless the diamond is considered. Accordingly, FL and IF codes indicate the clarity is at the best level. I codes are given to diamonds that can be seen even with the eye.
What Should Be Considered When Buying Diamonds?
Diamond models have a rich variety and there are different alternatives for every taste and budget. After determining your budget, you can consider some tips when choosing between diamond models.
- The most important point you should pay attention to when purchasing diamonds is to examine the features of carats, clarity, cut and color, also known as 4C. You can see the features of the diamond in the certificate of the product you prefer.
- There are models of diamonds cut in different ways. Therefore, you should consider the shape of the diamond not only when buying a ring, but also when buying a diamond necklace, earrings or bracelet. Although the round cut is the most popular, you can also examine different cuts such as heart, square, pear and marquise.
- The metal used affects the appearance of the diamond as well as the stone. White gold is usually preferred for engagement rings. If you want to choose an elegant gift for your partner, you can check out the rose gold diamond bracelet models.
- When buying a diamond ring, you can first choose between styles. Solitaire diamonds are generally considered to be a special way of making a marriage proposal more meaningful. If you are interested in unique models that you can use with different diamond sets, you can check out baguette diamonds. On the other hand, heart diamond earrings can be an ideal choice if you want to get a romantic gift.
How to Take Care of Diamond Jewellery?
In order for your diamond jewellery to preserve their first-day stylish looks for many years, it is useful to consider some tips.
- It is important to remove your diamond or use gloves when cleaning or coming into contact with chemicals.
- As chlorine can damage the diamond, you should remove your jewellery when entering the swimming pool.
- You can add a few drops of dishwashing liquid to a bowl of warm water and put your jewellery into the bowl. After waiting for a short time, you can use them by rinsing with plenty of water.
- You can use special diamond cleaning solutions to clean your diamond jewellery. Keeping your jewellery in solution once a week and cleaning it with a soft toothbrush ensures that your diamond always looks sparkling.
You can make your loved ones happy with Piano Jewellery diamond jewellery, which has options suitable for every taste and style to make your everyday special.